Picture frame profile

No.

I'm just one of those KISS guys. I want a nice looking frame but, I don't want to distract from the picture.

As a matter of fact, (and I probably shouldn't say this but) I kind of like flat black frames for a lot of things.

Rog

KISS is way good..... Flat, clean and not overwhelming the subject matter !

Have you considered a shadow box?  When I did mine I used some foam backing covered by some material that I stole from my wife's stash.  Then put in a hinged door with glass.  The foam allowed me to use the pins that were attached to the various stuff.  Made 3 of them and gave it all away to the kids so no pictures.  If I remember correctly the boxes were about 2 inches deep.

Have you considered a shadow box? When I did mine I used some foam backing covered by some material that I stole from my wife's stash. Then put in a hinged door with glass. The foam allowed me to use the pins that were attached to the various stuff. Made 3 of them and gave it all away to the kids so no pictures. If I remember correctly the boxes were about 2 inches deep.

I have 5 promotion warrents and about 10 personal citations I want to frame. That box would be huge.

Eventually I'll find some way to display my metal and ribbons, coins and the like but that isn't my focus right now.

Personally I think a simple table saw cove looks nice while being simple enough not to detract from the item being framed. I did this for a picture of all my moms grandkids, the picture was fairly large so I made the frame 3" wide, it worked out well.

I have 5 promotion warrents and about 10 personal citations I want to frame. That box would be huge.

Eventually I'll find some way to display my metal and ribbons, coins and the like but that isn't my focus right now.

Well those will be cool. What branch?

For simple frames, I like to use a square or rectangular profile, then make a deep (front to rear) chamfer, just a couple degrees wide. The chamfer can be on the inner edge, outer edge, or both. Also works on deeper shadow box type frames. The chamfer is barely noticable, but makes the frame much more elegant.