I blame Shaneymack

I went into Woodcraft today after work just for grins (actually to see if they still had the t15+3 in clearance, and which kit it is.)

I'm a regular, they know me well. So I look at the starrett bandsaw blades again and notice they had some 115" for the Laguna 1412, so I pick up a 3/4 4tip hook tooth blade, to see how they are.

The guy is ringing me up and says "you're almost at the 10,000 club, you don't get anything, but you're almost there, you're at $9876 spent in this store. That T15+3 would bring you over the mark. So this other guy there who is a big Festool guy says "what no Festool today, c'mon man you're slacking" I told him i just found out I'm almost at the 10,000 club. He said we'll have to throw you a party." I said " I'll tell you what, I'll buy beer and pizzas for you guys, and the T15 cost should be what gets me to exactly 10,000." We had a good laugh, I looked at the list of my purchases, paid for my blade and left, exercising restraint from buying another tool.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

10k is just Woodcraft. That doesn't include any LN, LV, Amazon, and other misc online shops, or all the Festool I bought sans 2200 and cxs.

The actual number is scary when I think about it.

Gee, that sounds familiar...  Let me see.... 

Hope my wife isn't reading this!

I would hate to add up all the money I have spent on hobbies.  Motorcycles, drag cars, guns, reloading, woodworking, photography, paintball, RC cars, hunting, fishing, camping, backpacking, etc. etc. 

I'm sure that I've left of many hobbies.  I'd really hate to see the totals.  I could probably have retired...

• Like 1

I would hate to add up all the money I have spent on hobbies.  Motorcycles, drag cars, guns, reloading, woodworking, photography, paintball, RC cars, hunting, fishing, camping, backpacking, etc. etc. 

I'm sure that I've left of many hobbies.  I'd really hate to see the totals.  I could probably have retired...

...and add horses to that. No wonder I don't have a huge shop with all the bells and whistles!

1978 called, its wants its Makita drill back. And since you have to return it, but the freakin festool already.

Lol that Makita was awesome at one point. They stopped making it in 2005ish I have 8 batteries for it, they were in clearance at home depot for 5 bucks each after it was discontinued. I don't use it much, if at all.