Missouri Award Plaque Project Finished

Keggers

Thanks to everyone who gave me info concerning my award plaque project. I've attached a photo of a few of the 20 plaques I made for the client.

As you can see, I placed a can of Minwax water based Polycrylic in the picture to show what finish I finally decided to use. I picked it up at our local Menards for a little over $10 per can. It took me just over one can to finish the project. It's a good product and was easy to apply. Being water based, it did raise the grain a bit and the plaques required a light sanding with 400 grit sandpaper. The directions on the can suggested three coats with a light sanding between coats but I only applied two coats with a final light sanding with 600 grit sandpaper.

The plaques are not anywhere near the quality of most of the projects I see posted in our forum but the money earned will allow me to take my wife out to eat several times in the next couple of months. I'm thinking it was time well spent.

On a side note -  It was a pleasure working for folks who appreciated the quality of the work that was done and the effort I put into it. That means a lot to me as I have arthritis in both thumbs and had to endure some pain due to all the sanding required. The cllient wanted the plaques to be Missouri walnut and they thought it was very special to have them made by a home town person.

Anyway.............Thanks again for all the help! It is VERY much appreciated!

post-18-0-79927800-1438276367_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Excellent work.

If, back in the day, I could have made 20 high school girls proud I would be a better man today. :wacko:

Careful Dave what you wish for! You might have been baby daddy 20 times over and not be able to afford a saw blade now, much less a saw to put it in :D