Inca Table Saw

Tyler Hicken

That is an Inca 10 inch tilting arbor saw.  Manual can be found here:

http://imgur.com/a/exyq6/embed#0

I have several Inca tools, and can't say enough good about them.  Jesse can give you more details.

Something odd I noticed.  I have a 1992 Garrett Wade catalog that states that the 10 inch tilting arbor saws are no longer available.  Yet that one is dated 1996.  Wonder how it got here?

There is an Inca Yahoo group.  They will be able to give you a lot of detail  Of course, at that price, someone there will probably buy it quickly.  If I were anywhere near SLC, I would grab it.  Heck, I might have one of my friends in SLC grab it.  That's an incredibly precise saw, and will outperform just about any contractor saw currently on the market.

Thanks for the information. Brendon, Google was of course my first recourse but all I could find were topics on smaller saws that weren't the same as the one for sale. I couldn't find any that resembled this saw. 

I think I will go and look at the saw tomorrow and see if it is in good shape. 

Try instead googling on the model number on the data plate.  There's still little information on that particular saw, but it will get you past most of the references to the Tilting Table saws.  Inca had a great reputation for making quality tools for home shops... but quality costs, and that was their biggest downfall.  In the US, they had one importer (Garrett Wade), with Eagle Tools serving as their shipper in the west.  In Canada, it was Lee Valley.  One of my searches came up with old catalogs from the 80s and 90s.  You'll see what I mean about price.  But I have a 10 inch bandsaw with which I've re-sawn five inch mahogany and cherry, and I wouldn't give it up even if I got a larger capacity saw.

Wow, the Quote thingy is going wild.

Tim - To the best of any knowledge the original Swiss Inca Injecta company stopped making machinery for woodworking in the early '90s. A French firm took over their designs, but I don't believe they're making anything either. I'm referring to Inca Injecta, not Incra as in Incra Jig, fence, miter gauge, etc.