Forum Update

I have been on vacation and returned today to see that the forum has a different look.  I haven't had a chance to check it all out but I am having one problem.  I no longer can see the pictures the members post, even ones that I was able to see in the past.  Also if a member post a link to something like a video on youtube I can't click on the link.

So, the mods have new tricks to learn as well..  I merged this topic so that Chet's issue was contained in this thread.

Just be careful how you merge. You pulled my post out of the general area and merged it with Chet's and it took on his title as well. I was very confused for a few minutes. :)

I have been on vacation and returned today to see that the forum has a different look.  I haven't had a chance to check it all out but I am having one problem.  I no longer can see the pictures the members post, even ones that I was able to see in the past.  Also if a member post a link to something like a video on youtube I can't click on the link.

The system is still rebuilding old posts, images, attachments, etc. My hope is that stuff will be cleared up by that time.

• Like 1

Just be careful how you merge. You pulled my post out of the general area and merged it with Chet's and it took on his title as well. I was very confused for a few minutes. :)

Interesting.. I selected his and told it to merge with yours. 

Still much to learn!  Thanks Marc!

Ok, one nitpick, and its more an annoyance than critical, but in the mobile view, when your reading posts with quotes, there's no separation from the quote and the reply. 

Looks ok on my iphone. Looks almost exactly like what I see on desktop, with the quote in a gray box.

• Like 1

It looks good and fresh on both a PC running Chrome and a Mac running Safari. I like it and no doubt will find plenty of new features in time.

Interestingly the update showed me in the forums as my login name which was not my original display name. I went back in and edited my profile and I'm TerryMcK again.

• Like 1

So modern and fancy schmacy ;-).  I dig it

I did just notice that my user name has switched to my real name other than my traditional name.  Maybe something I need to change on my profile?  Will update if possible...

Figured out how to change display name, now noticing that the tag line / quote thing is missing..  Don't really care, just mentioning it..  

• Like 1

So modern and fancy schmacy ;-).  I dig it

I did just notice that my user name has switched to my real name other than my traditional name.  Maybe something I need to change on my profile?  Will update if possible...

Figured out how to change display name, now noticing that the tag line / quote thing is missing..  Don't really care, just mentioning it..  

Yes it happened to me as well Andy and showed me as my login name. Editing the screen name was easy enough though. The quote option is still there or at least reappeared.

I'm super adverse to change and was really bummed when I saw there was a new format. After poking around for about 45 minutes, it seems just as easy to navigate and I'm already about used to it. I hope the image upload works better for me. Also glad the new content button showed up.. I almost had a fit.

I'm not sure what the white up arrow on a green background isgreenarrow.thumb.PNG.b739974e245bb5ab426. When you click it a white down arrow on a red background appearsredarrow.thumb.PNG.cd3a74c05f463328024d2. Is that the like button? If not I've not found a like button yet.

Also the signature facility on the bottom of posts has disappeared too.