Dining Room Cupboard

prov163

This is the first big piece of furniture I've ever made. 82"h X 38"w X 15"d, adjustable shelves, bead board interior, lightly distressed. First time I've made rail and stile doors. Very plain but that's what my friend wanted. It was quite a challenge but I'm very pleased with the final product. 

A huge thanks to all of you on this forum - I learn a great deal from each of you.  A big shout out to Marc for the inspiration to tackle something just beyond my reach and showing that one of the marks of a craftsman is the ability to creatively fix the mistakes inevitable in every project. 

image.jpg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Thanks for your kind words guys.  Vyrolan, I agree the wallpaper is hideous, but she's a good friend and maybe this piece will redeem the room - LOL.  TerryMcK, those curves are a perfect example of what I learn from you guys.  I kept trying to make them come out right, but I was trying to do it with one full-size template.  Never could get it right.  Saw a post from someone with the same problem and the answers recommended doing a half template.  All of a sudden it made sense - and worked.

learned a lot doing this project, which is the best part of any endeavor for me.  Thanks to all of you for sharing your wisdom and advice!  I've found woodworkers are like bikers (my other hobby) - always willing to help.

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...