Jet 12" combo Jointer/Planer

Pwk5017

This is a never used, but damaged, Jet 708475 12 In. Planer/Jointer Combination Machine. As you can see, something backed into the machine and dented it. I havent spent any time with the machine to tell you if its in working condition or not. For all I know, it might flatten and dimension lumber like a champ. If you have any interest, please throw a number at me. Retails for $2600, but is on sale right now. 

Located near Pittsburgh, PA, but the tool is in a warehouse in Columbus, OH. I will be moving a few tools in the next week or two, so I could conceivably meet you somewhere along the route from Columbus to Pittsburgh.

Forgot to add that it is already packed for shipment. If you are far from the area, we could look at a paypal+shipping deal.

Thanks,

Patrick

00k0k_cVkwgEUUbxN_600x450.jpg

00t0t_dswXbsIhaDp_600x450.jpg

Edited by Pwk5017
shipping option

Looking to have 12" jointing capabilities and 20" planing in another week or two. Second, bed length. I joint 8' boards more frequently than I would like. Lastly, what on earth would I do with all the shop space I saved by having a combo machine?

12" combo jointer might do OK on short boards if you take small amounts with sharp blades. Joint a wide 8' long board with the short beds of a combo ? You must be dreaming !

Yep, bed length is why I am not keeping this machine for myself. That, and I have the room for two large dedicated machines. Still, 55" beds are longer than most 6" jointer beds that plenty of professionals and good hobbyists use, so keep that in mind. If you are making projects that are 5-6' long and under, then this kind of machine would be perfect for you. Ive found myself doing 8'+ bars and table tops, so I need all the bed length I can get. Even 76" that I have now seems short at times. All about the work you find yourself doing. I would rather have this machine than a 6" jointer with 46" long beds. 

Theres still the option of me working on the machine and fixing it, but then I would be selling for 35% off the list price. I might just bring it back to my shop, so I can run it and work with it a bit to see the extent of the damage. At the moment, it looks like its purely cosmetic with the potential for the latch mechanism for the jointer beds to be broken. You can see when the jointer beds are raised, that section that is damaged is semi insignificant. Im thinking you would need to order a new plastic handle, new piece of cabinet steel for that front dented section, and worst case, would have to replace the mechanism that lowers/raises the infeed bed.

Capture.JPG