Enduro Var different colors in the can.

Scott M

I purchased 2 quarts of Enduro Var Gloss about 3 weeks apart.The new can was a bright pink color but what was left if the old can was a much paler brownish pink color. I don't remember what the first can looked like when I first opened it. Has anyone else seen this? Is it normal for the color to change after the can has been opened, is the older can still good?

I would make a test board with the old stuff, let it cure then mask off half of it, lightly sand and put a coat of the new stuff over it.

After the second coat cures try scratching it and see if the 2 coats bonded. Another thought is save the old can for a small project and use the new stuff for your current project.

I would make a test board with the old stuff, let it cure then mask off half of it, lightly sand and put a coat of the new stuff over it.

After the second coat cures try scratching it and see if the 2 coats bonded. Another thought is save the old can for a small project and use the new stuff for your current project.

I used the old can up on the bottom of a table top.I was just interested if anyone else had noticed this same thing.

My contact at General Finishes said.......

It does get pink. Not to worry, it will dry and look the same.

FYI..........the Endurovar is actually an "oil that is modified" not simply, a water-based topcoat tinted to look like an oil. Its a great product and easy to use. The only caution is, not to use it over a shellac sealer, due to adhesion issues. Endurovar is self sealing.

-Ace-