Finished some shop furniture

Janello

Why the shims under the casters? Just leveling or something else?

The Domino mount is a nice touch... and you've got room right next to it for the XL... :)  Do you worry that it's a bit exposed? In my shop, it would get hit by a stray stick within a week... But looking at your setup, you're way more organized... My place always looks like the 'after' scene from a Godzilla film... You know, the woodworker slowly exiting the shop... leaving carnage in his wake...

Yeah, my sad attempt to ignore proper leveling. I shimmed all 4 wheels 1/4" and wound up 1/32" too high against the TS. Rather than jack it up and install thinner shims I added those to lift the front/lower the back. One day I'll be bored enough to fix that.

Now that you mention it, I think I hit my domino (lightly, thankfully) with something the other day.  :huh:  

The large dom is on the list, right along with....workbench and vise upgrade & hand tool cabinet, drum sander, lathe, dust collection upgrade, veritas planes....

I'm still working under temporary lighting and that's my first priority. I set my mind on LED's and can't talk myself into settling for less. What was suppose to be my lighting funds got diverted to college tuition for my daughter. She better remember dear old dad when she gets a good job and I'm old.

Thanks for all the kind words all. :)

Edited by Janello

• 1 month later...