Vise solution for MFT/3

ChrisG-Canada

I already own an MFT/3 and I'm looking for some suggestions regarding vise solutions.  I don't have a roubo or similar workbench (with a nice integrated leg or end vise, etc.) so I'm hoping to use something I can attach to my MFT when needed.

Any suggestions or leads would be much appreciated.

Lie Nielsen sells a very nice, ready to use moxon vise. You can attach it to the top of MFT using Festool or compatible hold down clamps.

One nice thing about this vise is that it uses the same chain drive vise hardware of their front vises, so if you later upgrade to a "real" workbench, you can install it with a few modifications.

I have an MFT/3 also. IMHO, Bushwacked is right on with suggestions of the most available solutions. These devices will hold work adequately.  I must advise, though, the table is stable enough for cutting and paring parts, but not heavy nor stable enough to stay still when planing or heavy working a project.

That said, the addition of a Moxon Vise or something similar would give it more mass, but my concern is that the legs may not be solid enough to support heavy work.