Stanley Bedrock 608 and Drill

brady

Someone posted this hand plane and drill for $25 on Facebook. I know next to nothing about used hand tools, but figured for $25 I'd take a chance. The plane is No. 608 with a corrugated sole.

Is the plane worth rehabbing? The sole seems pretty darn flat by my standards. It is marked with "PAT'D APR. 2-95".

The drill doesn't have any markings that I can see. Where might I find information? The guy who sold them knew nothing about either tool, they were his father's.

IMG_20150730_210127583.jpg

Sure, rehab the 608, you'll find that using it is hard work, but the result is worth it.  The Brace, Is always a good tool to have around, You need to pick up some bits in the size that you most commonly drill, then there's never a power outage!    As far as value is concerned, ebay is your best way to check that.  For me, the value is in the use!

Sure, rehab the 608, you'll find that using it is hard work, but the result is worth it.  The Brace, Is always a good tool to have around, You need to pick up some bits in the size that you most commonly drill, then there's never a power outage!    As far as value is concerned, ebay is your best way to check that.  For me, the value is in the use!

Fair enough - I checked eBay and there's two currently going for $400+. I figured I was missing some minor detail about my plane that made it far less valuable since if I was in the selling position I would have checked eBay first before setting a price, so I assumed the seller did the same, but apparently not :)