Toggler brand toggle bolts

wouldwurker

These are awesome. If you've used standard toggle bolts, you know the frustrating thing is that once the bolt comes out, the butterfly anchor falls behind the drywall. Plus, they're kind of a pain. Toggler makes a toggle bolt that installs the butterfly anchor first, locking it into place. The hinged anchor is essentially attached to two zip ties. While holding the zip ties, you insert the anchor through the hole in the wall, then pull the zips towards you to expand the hinge behind the drywall, bringing it flush up against the inside of the wall. Then just push the zip 'lock' up against the wall while you pull on the zips ties. You snap the zip ties off and the anchor is locked tight against the wall. Once installed, you can insert and remove any length 10/24 bolt as many times as you want. They hold an incredible amount of weight, and in circumstances whereby you need to screw the furniture, lumber rack, etc into the wall, prelocking that anchor is key. Especially when stud drilling isn't an option. They're not cheap at $5 for two of them, but as little as I need to use these, when the situation arises. they're worth every penny.

Hilti makes a toggler that fits this description exactly. All sizes come in box quantities and while I don't know exactly how much a box costs off the top of my head, it's way cheaper than 2 for $5. You're right, they are a great invention.  I send them out to the field guys at my work all the time.

Edited by Janello

I've seen them for less than $1 a piece at lowes, surprised to hear the high price tag, but they are awesome.   I've got a 42" TV that's been heald with nothing but for the last 3 years and it is solid as a rock.  Also a plus is it requires a smaller hole and the brace acts like a single truss against the drywall instead a normal toggle bolt that digs in on four corners, weakening the holding power.  Awesome anchors.