Favorite Finish for Cherry?

Klappco

I am building a combo clock/passive iPhone amplifier out of cherry. My first project with this wood. I have previously done work with Jatoba using Danish Oil that I really liked and mahogany projects with Danish oil and some with Tung oil. For the mahogany I also added a touch of red dye to the filler. As this is coming together I wanted to get some ideas. I am leaning Tung oil at this point. Thanks for ideas. I will provide pics. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My favorite finish for cherry, given enough time and available sunlight, is to apply a coat of boiled linseed oil, then put the project in the sun for a few days, even if it's for a couple of hours at a time. A single coat of BLO seems to grab the light and changes the pinkish/red cherry into a beautiful chestnut color. Be sure to rotate the project unless sunshine reaches all the way around it. Also, do not cover any area of the cherry or it will show.