HVLP Sprayer

WillieIV

I've been looking to purchase my first spray system.  Recently I've been looking at the Earlex HV6003PUS HVLP SprayPort.  Does anyone have a review of this product?  

In the past I've been taking my larger projects to another shop and have been paying someone else to spray for me.  I've got a couple larger projects coming up this fall and would rather invest that money into my own equipment.  Thanks in advance.

Bill

Thanks for the input.  Fuji is definitely a consideration and have found numerous reviews proving it's worth.

I just got an email from Rockler for 20% off one item and they actually carry this Earlex sprayer - kind of weird it's the only one they carry!  $110 savings....hmmm what to do???

As I understand it, the new Earlex offering is a 2 or 3 stage turbine... If you stick with shellac and/or solvent-based coatings, than a 2 or 3 stage is just fine... However, solvent-based post-cat coatings should use a 3 or 4-stage turbine.

With WB coatings becoming the norm, you should go with a 4 or 5-stage if you have the available budget...

One thing is buying a turbine HVLP system will probably last a hobbyist forever so paying more now will amount to nothing over time. That's why I went with the MM 4 over the 3. With the 4 stage I can spray GF milk paint full-strength using a 1.8mm tip and with a 3 stage you would probably have to thin it some. 

• Like 1