humidor in red gum wood

treeslayer

thanks for all the great comments guys, my wife thinks everything i build is beautiful, but what does she know^_^ always great to hear from other like-minded folks who cut wood, i picked up that gum wood in an bunch of left overs from a local cabinet shop along with the usual oak and walnut ect. does anyone know if red gum is for sale anywhere, i would like to get some more if i can, thanks

Sure are a lot of woodworkers showing up here from Tennessee. And a lot of them showed up here in Texas years ago when we needed you, to help us win our independence from Mexico. Although this has nothing to do with the subject matter. Sorry Dave!

hey coop, you're one of the most respected members on this forum, hijack this thread anytime, i consider it an honor. glad everyone liked the humidor, and you know how it goes, I've got another one to build for another son-in-law, that is after i build a bed, couch table, side table for the wife, flag box and display case for the wife of a friend who died, and the list goes on. 

• 1 month later...

hey coop, you're one of the most respected members on this forum, hijack this thread anytime, i consider it an honor. glad everyone liked the humidor, and you know how it goes, I've got another one to build for another son-in-law, that is after i build a bed, couch table, side table for the wife, flag box and display case for the wife of a friend who died, and the list goes on. 

Well, then, there's the proof that you are just the same as the rest of us..     Honey doo's galore, and the skill to produce them...Nothing outa place with that!

• 1 month later...