Next purchase?

Chris Gibson

I'm still pretty new to woodworking, but I've got a decent shop going so far. I'm sure this is as good a question as asking your favorite color, but what do I buy next? I've got the basics so far. Table saw Miter saw Kreg jig Drill Along with an assortment of hand tools. For a weekend warrior looking to build the occasional end table, bed, or bookcase, what would you think would be the most useful tool/s? I've also got a big sturdy table that does the trick but no true workbench with vise and dog holes and what not. Drill press was where I was heading next. Any other ideas? Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I might buy the bandsaw first if it's an either/or kind of deal and just work for a while longer with S3S lumber.  Then the jointer and planer should be purchased simultaneously.  A jointer and planer are not optional in any semi-serious shop.  After that a router table.  Then you'll have all the tools needed to build a proper workbench. :)

A drill press is a shop staple but it's lower on the priority list.