A few extra bucks,

ncfowler

every now and  then I get a few extra bucks to throw at my shop, most times I get more clamps, for some reason I always run out of them, or some supplies for my cigar box guitars, most times it goes into my wish jar, you know the jar that you wish will get filled up but is for some reason always empty, So when you have some extra bucks not much say under a $50 to spend on your shop what do you get? I'm not talking about expendable items like sand paper, glue even wood. My next purchase will be a drum sander,

I've got a jar for the shop since I made the mistake of attempting to keep this hobby self supporting.  I save a lot of it expecting to buy a big ticket item but just never do.  I want to replace my drum sander eventually and get a domino.  I'm always just short of one of those when  I blow the money on a bunch of wood.  Ooh well. 

every now and  then I get a few extra bucks to throw at my shop, most times I get more clamps, for some reason I always run out of them, or some supplies for my cigar box guitars, most times it goes into my wish jar, you know the jar that you wish will get filled up but is for some reason always empty, So when you have some extra bucks not much say under a $50 to spend on your shop what do you get? I'm not talking about expendable items like sand paper, glue even wood. My next purchase will be a drum sander,

Well, you said not to, but expendables. So often we don't appreciate the costs associated with them, even though they cost real money like everything else. When I can stock up occasionally on things I'll know I need, not only do I have them when I need them most, but I can usually break out bigger purchases to their own true cost.