No jointer for you!

rodger.

still awaiting my powermatic.  Should have been here today, but I guess I have to wait until Monday now.  ?

ive got some work to do too, so back to the jointer plane - my arms will be huge if this jointer continues to be be delayed!

Edited by franklin pug
  • Like 1

still awaiting my powermatic.  Should have been here today, but I guess I have to wait until Monday now.  ?

ive got some work to do too, so back to the jointer plane - my arms will be huge if this jointer continues to be be delayed!

I had to wait a long time for my powermatic stuff as well. Part of living in the great white north i guess.

Had to wait 8 weeks for my Incra router table and LS Super system fence.  I think it was the fence itself that caused the delay.  I guess they were selling fast then they could make them

Which one did you get?  I got the 25 incher last year (LS25WFNCSYS), arrived in one week and was even cheaper than the 17" model.

But I had to wait 3 months for my Woodpeckers router plate though.

Waiting for tools is painful. Pug, I'm willing to bet this wait is worse than the Kapex.

yes, cause I have three projects on the go, and everytime I need to quickly joint a board, I need to bust out a handplane, winding sticks, a straight edge, a square, and a can of spinach.

I really do like working with handplanes, but its different when you HAVE to use them for grunt work.

Edited by franklin pug

I feel ya bud. Until a month ago I was making due with a 24" jointer that didn't stay true. I grew to loathe milling. Now it's a breeze with the big 8" boat and I actually get a bit giddy when it spits off dead nuts straight edges..

You went from a 24" jointer to an 8" ?! Must have been a tough downsize! ;)

I feel ya bud. Until a month ago I was making due with a 24" jointer that didn't stay true. I grew to loathe milling. Now it's a breeze with the big 8" boat and I actually get a bit giddy when it spits off dead nuts straight edges..

I should have held onto my previous jointer until the new one arrived.  Ah well.

Edited by franklin pug

Waiting for tools is hard.  Waiting for Wood to dry sucks too just ask KCooper, what's it been a year and a half? 

next week will be a year. My worst wait was about 15 years ago when my wife finally said " it's ok honey, I'm not pregnant"