PM2800 Drill Press - Adding a Quick Adjust Depth Stop

PeteJr

My Powermatic Drill Press is now a PM2800.5 model

By replacing the stock knurled nuts with fast thread hex nuts I now have a quick adjust depth stop capability.  I gave up about 3/8" quill travel however that was worth it.   I purchased the M16 nuts from MCS Industrial Supply.

PM2800 A.JPG

PM2800 B.JPG

PM2800 C.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

Pete Jr., thanks for this! I purchased a set of these nuts from Progressive Industries (progressivepii.com) - they cost less both per piece and no shipping was charged, so got 2 nuts for about $33 total. I have the identical model Powermatic Drill Press, and this is a real upgrade! We are hosts of a lifestyle YouTube Channel (dirtfarmerjay) and this will be featured in an upcoming episode. We'll be sure to give you credit for the idea. Best Regards - DirtFarmer Jay

• 2 years later...

I purchased the exact same product from Progressive Industries and on my PM2800 there is not enough room to rotate the fast thread hex nut. The distance across the flats on the nut is approximately 1 3/8". The distance across the points is approximately 1 9/16". Does this nut match yours? Any thoughts?1200293094_fastthreadhexnut.jpg.cc787d8e391788ac99473494a08e10ca.jpg