Festool Track saw review, AvE

xxdabroxx

There is a thread on the FOG about this, the guy makes a lot of statements that aren't accurate or very misleading.  My biggest problem with this is he gives the impression that if you buy one you are out of your mind.  We get it, Festool isn't cheap, don't need to constantly point it out.  He isn't a woodworker or has much knowledge of the Festool system.  But the biggest thing is, he has probably caused damage to the saw, and if he goes to sell, he would be selling a damaged and potentially dangerous saw.

The guy can do what he wants, it's his time and money, but I don't care for what he is trying to accomplish.  He does these tear downs with other brands, and everything can have faults.

I think the best testimony for any tool is the collective voice of those who use them day in and day out. His comment about the 'proprietary cord' is a good example. To him, it was a negative. Those of us who use Festool products no doubt see the Plug It cord as a huge plus. I use one cord hooked up to my CT26 - all the rest of my Festool cords still have the wire ties on them.

Exactly what i was thinking Mick. Having the one cord fits all is definitely a plus for me. I have quite a few festools and have only ever used the one plug it cord.

Good to hear some perspective. Not owning Festool, it is nice to know about the cord and it's real impact. I view AvE as entertainment and information at a ratio of about 3:1. I have learned a lot through his tear down testing (most gets put back together) and know that the expensive stuff is given to him by people who like to hear him rant. He will find something to nitpick in every tool. He homes in on those components with a lifespan less than 1,000 years. Fun, but not always completely useful. 

• Like 1

My first time viewing one of his videos - that guy is intense.  He tore that saw down to bits!

The guy makes over $4500/month on his patreon campaign alone. He's doing ok. :)

wow - how is that possible?   That's over 50k per year!

Edited by franklin pug

Perhaps the only thing funnier than blind brand devotion is blind brand hatred. :)

I've compared Festool to Apple for years now and the fanboy/anti-fanboy stuff I see concerning Festool is so on the nose for what happens in the computer/device community.

Edited by thewoodwhisperer
  • Like 1

Perhaps the only thing funnier than blind brand devotion is blind brand hatred. :)

I've compared Festool to Apple for years now and the fanboy/anti-fanboy stuff I see concerning Festool is so on the nose for what happens in the computer/device community.

When Alison asked me why I loved Festool so much I told her that if Apple made woodworking tools... Then she understood.