Lee Valley gift card score

So last week when the Lee Valley gift cards went on sale i bought a 1000$ card for 750$. Sweet deal! This is what i got for the 1000$. Just arrived! 86c6959f9f5ef9441498512d2540f4e2.jpga734c30d6abb9b4fb42357c4ba781fd7.jpg Leigh d4r dovetail jig with VRS, veritas bevel guage, striking knife, drawing bow, deadblow mallet and french curve set. Im a happy guy!

Did anybody else take advantage of the gift card sale? What did you get?

Edited by shaneymack

The easiest way to use that jig is with two routers-one for each bit.  I keep dedicated routers set up ready to go on 3/4 material.  I use dividers to space dovetails with whole number fractions of the total width until it looks right for variable spaced dovetails.  It goes pretty quickly with this setup.  I think I already had some bushing that worked on the second router without having to buy another Leigh one.

The easiest way to use that jig is with two routers-one for each bit.  I keep dedicated routers set up ready to go on 3/4 material.  I use dividers to space dovetails with whole number fractions of the total width until it looks right for variable spaced dovetails.  It goes pretty quickly with this setup.  I think I already had some bushing that worked on the second router without having to buy another Leigh one.

Some good tips Tom! Already was planning on ordering another e7 bushing from Leigh as LV didnt have them individually in stock. I will run an of1010 and an of2200. Cant wait to try it! !

Nice Shane should make dovetailing easy now. Also I don't know if it is a typo, but if your GC only cost $750, compared to the $850 others paid in the states, you can stop talking about the tool price disadvantage in Canada. 

You are right Bryan, I totally forgot what I paid. Its probably because of how this all played out. I was in the chat room one day, minding my business like a good little Canadian. Its all a little fuzzy due to the trauma but Tom and Eric came in there with verbal guns a blazin. They were all like, " Hey tim hortons lovin, stupid Canadian, you gonna get the 1000$ gift card like us? You know eveyone is doing it!" There was more verbal abuse hurled my way, stuff so horrendous i cannot repeat it. All i can say is the word "dirdo" was thrown around. I felt so very pressured that I did what we Canadians do best and i went along with what my friends to the south pressured me into doing. Do beware, Tom and Eric, the tool buying nazis, will make you do crazy things.

I was there that day and I guess the real story was lost in translation at the border.  I resisted the extreme amount of pressure being applied on both sides of the border.  Secretly I wish I was able to get in on the GC deal.

As I mentioned in the I blame Shaneymack thread.  You blame Tom, Tom blames you, and the rest of us blame you both. 

Uh, yeah.  That's not how it went down at all.  Apparently Shane bumped his head on a jelly donut and is now suffering not only amnesia but dyslexia as well...proof of which evident in his unwavering insistence upon using the "$" AFTER the amount...1000$ :blink:...instead of the way NORMAL HUMANS do it...$1000.  I know you have health care up there in that frozen paradise...if it covers dementia...you should go use it.

• Like 1

Uh, yeah.  That's not how it went down at all.  Apparently Shane bumped his head on a jelly donut and is now suffering not only amnesia but dyslexia as well...proof of which evident in his unwavering insistence upon using the "$" AFTER the amount...1000$ :blink:...instead of the way NORMAL HUMANS do it...$1000.  I know you have health care up there in that frozen paradise...if it covers dementia...you should go use it.

I already told you, its a french canadian thing. Its not my fault. There isnt alot about me that follows french culture or customs for some reason i do that. So yes, i bought a thousand dollar gift card not a dollar thousand gift card.
  • Like 1

I already told you, its a french canadian thing. Its not my fault. There isnt alot about me that follows french culture or customs for some reason i do that.

So yes, i bought a thousand dollar gift card not a dollar thousand gift card.

He does have a point...

Also, if the French are frogs, does that make a Quebecois a toad?

Nice haul.  I'm sure the quality is absolutely there, and if their value proposition is a value to you,  get some. 

Personally, I'm looking at one jig and a few hand tools that cost you as much as my table saw, 8"  jointer, lunchbox planer,  mitre saw,  air compressor. .combined.  

Granted,  none of these are top of the line and all were bought second hand but dang. . 

• Like 1