Baby sled

collinb

I'm not sure of the dimensions but, I wouldn't call that a "baby" sled. I would call it a normal sized and a  very useful sled. It looks to be about the same size as my sled and I've never thought about needing a bigger sled.

Good work on it.

Rog

I called it "baby" b/c I see a lot of them built to 4 ft wide. This one is only 2 ft wide and about a foot from front to back.  It's perfect for trim pieces.  As wtnhighlander suggested, a miter version is next.   It will also be on this smaller side.

Hutch? Haven't been there for years.  A number of old college friends in the area.

I'm thinking about a safety mechanism for it.  A grip.  Something that I will grab automatically.

Why?  Because as I look at it, it would be easy to put my fingers in thew wrong spot should I ever get in a hurry.  Some sort of mentally automatic solution as I think.

I've been considering making a "baby" for a while now.  I've already built the Super Sled (http://www.eaglelakewoodworking.com/post/Super-Sled-Crosscut-and-Miter-Sled.aspx), but I really want to make a small one for quick use.  I'm thinking I might go with the on from Woodsmithshop (http://www.woodsmithshop.com/media/pdf/403/precisioncrosscutsled.pdf), but flip it and reduce the width.  I kind like the idea of being about to open up my slot to accommodate a dado.  If it will WORK is another question, but I don't know why it wouldn't.

I'm thinking about a safety mechanism for it.  A grip.  Something that I will grab automatically.

Why?  Because as I look at it, it would be easy to put my fingers in thew wrong spot should I ever get in a hurry.  Some sort of mentally automatic solution as I think.

I think there's a phrase "Fingers and thumbs, don't be dumb"

Edited by MattIsBuffalo