Gloat

Tom King

Wow Tom that looks like one awesome saw. I think they are the ones that manufacture the minimax if im not mistaken.

Yeah, it's basically the same as the MM24 only not as tall with as much resaw capacity.  I think it's like 15'1/2", but I really only need 5 or 6" for what I bought it for.  I'm planning to use it to make Cypress shingles.  The guy sounds like a normal guy, from one short message,  so it might be okay. 

If it wasn't 3 phase, I'd bet someone else would have bid on it.  I was actually glad it was for that reason.  I'll wait to get it to see if I'm going to get another motor, or VFD.  I'm leaning towards another motor, but want to see the mount first.  He says it needs new guides.  Carter guides for it are cheaper than the set they sell for 14" saws, but there again, I'll wait and see if it just needs a new thrust bearing or something.

For what it went for, and the return it will make for me, I can afford to put some more back in it.  I just hope it doesn't have a cracked wheel or something major.  It won't be the first or last six hundred bucks I've thrown a\way, but at ten percent cost of a new one, it seems like it's worth the gamble.