Table saw rust

I found a couple discussions on this about different products being used. I'm wondering if my procedure is incorrect. I have a new saw stop and already getting rust on it. My usual steps Scotch Brite pad Mineral spirits the. Wipe dry Boeshield. Let sit few minutes then wipe off Wax buff on. Let sit for 5mins or so then wipe off This doesn't seem to be working and tips on products and/or techniques. Thanks Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CRC 3-36 is better than Boeshield, easier to use, and way cheaper. Apply a thin coat and by next morning you have a slick surface ready to use. 

Here is how I prepare cast iron. Spray with WD40 and use HF finish sander with green Scotchbrite. Clean off using mineral spirits and paper towels. Apply CRC 3-36 and let dry. 

• Like 1

One important thing that alot of people overlook is keeping sawdust and your greasy hands off the cast iron. I am anal with wiping my tops down with my horse hair brush. The dust holds mositure so if you dont keep the dust off the tops they will rust quicker. When my kids come in the shop and put their greasy little fingers on one of my tops i get out the wd40 and wash it. I then give a spritz of T9 and wait 10 mins. I wipe that off and hit it with some paste. I do not have a spot of rust on any of my cast iron. It is very humid here in the summer so it seems to be working.

Paste Wax is superior protection but obviously easily abraided. Depending on how often you use the machine and what type of environment (ie close to salt water?) you will need to apply it more often or not. I apply once or twice a year to a machine that is used rarely and apply once or twice a month on machines that are used all the time. But it stops rust completely. My guess is you are in a very humid climate if you are getting rust with your current scheme. Dump the bioshield, go with the wax.

I used wax, every few days. Here in IL the humidity has caused a ton of rust on the saw and both of my planes. I switched to CRC. Just coated everything. Then again a week later. I'm not currently using any equip while I work on drywall so I haven't had a chance to stop and get the rust off from the rest but the CRC has made it so it isn't getting worse, so I am hopeful.