Woodworkers Fighting Cancer 2015

Milo

Does anyone know about Woodworkers Fighting Cancer 2015?

Marc tweeted about it the other day.   I'd like to find out how to get more involved.  Lost my Dad and Step Dad to it, and I fight skin cancer constantly.  I'd like to do the build, but I want the who what's and whys about it.

Thank you,

Dell "Milo" Moore

Prelim .skp files have been distributed, maybe just to guild members at this point? The build appears to be a plywood child's table and chairs. I have not truly dug in to it yet. Once you build, you just need to prove the build with some photos for Marc and the sponsors do the rest. 

Seems like there was a commercial aspect also, T-shirts and mugs for sale maybe?

Edited by C Shaffer

I'm really looking forward to the build. Marc said something about a love build this Friday. I already told my staff that I'll be at work but watching as much of the build as possible.  Marc (and Steve) always make this accessible to all levels of woodworkers, which is cool. I'm going to use this build to try some new joinery methods (new for me) but like the fact that if I run into trouble there's a fallback. And I've never built chairs at all. I'm stoked, but that might be just me. 

Oops, make that a "live" build. The other kind would be unacceptable on this site ?. Sorry, Marc. 

The live sessions are always captured on YouTube, so you can watch it any time afterward. In fact, I think you can even zip back DVR style even while the session is live.

For folks asking about hardware, I added the hardware list to the post and the PDF plans: http://www.thewoodwhisperer.com/videos/woodworkers-fighting-cancer-2015/

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...