New shop!

amateur eric

Well me and my new wife just moved into a new house that we will be renting for a few years. Has a small storage shed in the back, and next to it, is a much larger shed that the original owner had wired up as his shop. While I'm unsure what he used the shop for, I'm going to turn it into my wood shop. The electrical set up doesn't seem to be working, so all I have, as of now anyways, is a battery operated light. Has lights in place but no power. So step 1 will be getting power in place. Once I have that, it's on to build my first shop. Oh, and I gotta get rid of the spiders. Not scared of them, but they're the tiny ones that you don't really see. But that's the least of my worries. Can't wait to get it all in order Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Well me and my new wife just moved into a new house that we will be renting for a few years. Has a small storage shed in the back, and next to it, is a much larger shed that the original owner had wired up as his shop. While I'm unsure what he used the shop for, I'm going to turn it into my wood shop. The electrical set up doesn't seem to be working, so all I have, as of now anyways, is a battery operated light. Has lights in place but no power. So step 1 will be getting power in place. Once I have that, it's on to build my first shop. Oh, and I gotta get rid of the spiders. Not scared of them, but they're the tiny ones that you don't really see. But that's the least of my worries. Can't wait to get it all in order Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Is it possible they had run an extension cord and plugged the building in? With something like this

img_3955.jpg

I did a brief inspection this morning. By the looks of it, he had actually had his own power from a power line running down the road. It had a box at the base (which is now almost hidden by grass about 30 yards behind the shop) and not from the house. Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Many years ago I almost electrocuted myself while remodelling a commercial space. We shut off all power to the unit at the main disconnect. I had to cut a line that was running through the attic while my partner held a flashlight. POW! Right in my face. Someone had run a 220V line straight from the pole.