Festool ETS Brushless Eccentric Sanders

Tom Cancelleri

Looks like the sanders are making their way to the US. A whole slew of products to go along with it. I got an email from Toolnut showing the sanders, prices, and accessories which includes a new hose wrap and plug it cord. Says it's "October delivery"

https://www.festoolproducts.com/New-Products-s/112.htm?utm_source=Festool+EC+ETS+Sander&utm_campaign=Festool+ETC+EC+Sanders+Preorder&utm_medium=email

Looks like the sanders are making their way to the US. A whole slew of products to go along with it. I got an email from Toolnut showing the sanders, prices, and accessories which includes a new hose wrap and plug it cord. Says it's "October delivery"

https://www.festoolproducts.com/New-Products-s/112.htm?utm_source=Festool+EC+ETS+Sander&utm_campaign=Festool+ETC+EC+Sanders+Preorder&utm_medium=email

Called my dealer this morning to ask if he had any info about this sander. He said as a matter of fact festool was here this morning. He had a chance to try it out and see it in action. He said yesterday he would have recommended I buy the deros but today he recommends the new ETS EC. Pre ordering mine. Ive been waiting a while for it.

Called my dealer this morning to ask if he had any info about this sander. He said as a matter of fact festool was here this morning. He had a chance to try it out and see it in action. He said yesterday he would have recommended I buy the deros but today he recommends the new ETS EC. Pre ordering mine. Ive been waiting a while for it.

We're here for you Shane...

drug-intervention.jpg

• Like 2

Tom, I would have a problem if it were an impulse buy. This was thought out.

Wait a minute, isnt the first step denial?? Lol

It's ok man, I thought about getting the EC, however I needed a sander, and this wasn't gonna be out for an unknown amount of time. I originally saw this sander last year on FTs site in Europe. 

It's ok man, I thought about getting the EC, however I needed a sander, and this wasn't gonna be out for an unknown amount of time. I originally saw this sander last year on FTs site in Europe. 

Im just about to preorder.....debating between 150/3 and the 150/5. My gut says 150/5? What says you?

Im just about to preorder.....debating between 150/3 and the 150/5. My gut says 150/5? What says you?

Do you have a Fes Sander yet? If you don't, the 5 should be sufficient. I've got both the ETS 150/3 and ETS 150/5 now, they both do a fantastic job. If you plan to do any sanding of finishes get the 150/3

Do you have a Fes Sander yet? If you don't, the 5 should be sufficient. I've got both the ETS 150/3 and ETS 150/5 now, they both do a fantastic job. If you plan to do any sanding of finishes get the 150/3

I have the rotex 90. I am wondering if the 150/5 will be sufficient as a final sander on a project sanding to 180 or 220 grit.

Sweet. Here's to people dumping their perfectly good 1 year old fesanders onto,the used market. Maybe I'll pick one up then. 

Cmon man, you know better than that. Guys arent going to sell their old festool sanders because they bought the new model. They will just keep piling systainer upon systainer as a symbol of their manhood.
  • Like 1

Exactly, Tom.

I didn't say I thought the Deros was awesome, Shane...you did.  I agreed with you that the ergonomics seemed much better when you made the comment about the current ETS being "a foot tall"...although it really doesn't bother me.

Festool hasn't done a very good marketing campaign on these new sanders...I still don't know what the big improvement is.  All I know is that it would have to be one hell of an improvement to sell my old ETS sanders and buy the new ETS sanders...and frankly I'm expecting the real world difference to be somewhere between imperceptible and negligible.

And that's "meh." :)

• Like 2

Since you already have a rotex, I think the 150/3 makes more sense.   All those guys who say a smoothing plane leaves the best finish only say that because they haven't used a sander with such a short stroke :)   It really does excel between coats of finish as well.  

Since you already have a rotex, I think the 150/3 makes more sense.   All those guys who say a smoothing plane leaves the best finish only say that because they haven't used a sander with such a short stroke :)   It really does excel between coats of finish as well.  

Damn Mike! Wished you would have chimed in 30 mins earlier!.....i ordered the 150/5. I will call my guy tomorrow and see if he can change it. Thanks for the advice.

Damn Mike! Wished you would have chimed in 30 mins earlier!.....i ordered the 150/5. I will call my guy tomorrow and see if he can change it. Thanks for the advice.

FWIW i have never used the 150/5.  I am sure it also gives a great finish.   Search some of HHH's threads, he has posted on this extensively.  

Exactly, Tom.

I didn't say I thought the Deros was awesome, Shane...you did.  I agreed with you that the ergonomics seemed much better when you made the comment about the current ETS being "a foot tall"...although it really doesn't bother me.

Festool hasn't done a very good marketing campaign on these new sanders...I still don't know what the big improvement is.  All I know is that it would have to be one hell of an improvement to sell my old ETS sanders and buy the new ETS sanders...and frankly I'm expecting the real world difference to be somewhere between imperceptible and negligible.

And that's "meh." :)

This is easier to understand than "meh". Lol. I get your point. If I had an Ets I wouldn't be considering this either. Im excited to get it!

If you plan to sand your finishes, then I agree with Mike.  If you don't, then I disagree.  For raw wood finish sanding, the difference in appearance between the 150/5 and 150/3 is not perceptible to the human eye once you get beyond 120 or 180.  But the 150/5 does sand faster, which is huge if you hate sanding as much as me.