Lost in Norway

Norwegian Wood

Hello,

Earlier this year after looking for a media bench for my home cinema, I finally gave up on finding what I need. It turns out furniture manufacturers don't know how to design good furnitures for home cinema.

So I decided I had to make my own media furnitures. This meant I had to learn how to build it, and I bought some books on the subject and started to watch a lot of videos on Youtube. One of my favorite channels turned out to be The Wood Whisperer. 

After a few months of designing several solutions in SketchUp I started the building this summer, and it turned out to be far easier than I originally thought it would be. (I used MDF and oak for the bench, and I am very pleased with the result.) 

The result of this project has been an increased interest in building furnitures, and I'll probably start making more as I have several good ideas for furniture I would like to see finished.

By the way the rest of my time is spent as a photographer, video production, and running an investment business. Been doing pretty good lately and have started looking for a smaller house to buy. 

PS: As I am Norwegian the nick pretty much had to be used. It's a great record and the book by Murakami is pretty good.

• Like 1

"She asked me to say and told me to sit anywhere

I looked around and noticed there wasn't a chair"

Welcome!  I am sure you will like this forum.  Maybe on day you can build a chair for that room

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...