Source for box hardware

wtnhighlander

Anyone have a recommendation for sources of good quaility full or half mortise lock sets for small jewelry boxes / humidors?

I need one along the lines of this:  http://www.dlawlesshardware.com/jewelry-box-lock-set.html in terms of size, but the quality of this one seems suspect to me.

I'm using Brusso hinges, I'd hate to pair them with a crappy lock set.

• Like 1

Anyone have a recommendation for sources of good quaility full or half mortise lock sets for small jewelry boxes / humidors?

I need one along the lines of this:  http://www.dlawlesshardware.com/jewelry-box-lock-set.html in terms of size, but the quality of this one seems suspect to me.

I'm using Brusso hinges, I'd hate to pair them with a crappy lock set.

Hello,

I am Derrick Lawless with my father's business www.dlawlesshardware.com. I saw this link in one of my SEO tools.

I assure that lock set is equal or superior to any lock set you have looked at. My father spent 30 years, my entire life practically, in the cabinet making and furniture making business and designed this lock himself.

I would like to send you one to prove it if you would let me. Our prices our so low because we do our own design and importing and we are the ONLY middle man between you and manufacturer. Our mark up is fair, which is more than I can say for some of our competitors. You will not get a better lock set by paying more money.

Now if you like the style of their keys and that's worth 40 bucks to you...

lawlesshardware@gmail.com is my e-mail and I'll be glad to send one out Monday.

Have a good day,

Derrick Lawless

@DerrickLawless, no slur was intended toward your products. I was looking for something in solid brass, and the description on your site said this one was gold plated. The mention of gold on an item with such a low price sort of threw me. I do like the style of that lockset, but as I was shopping I discovered that the sliding tray in my box will prevent any lock I have found so far from fitting properly. So, now I am investigating external latches, rather than locks. I will certainly take another browse through your catalog. I sincerely hope you understand that no offense was intended. It is good to see a hardware company taking an interest in the goings-on around here!

• Like 1

@wtnhighlander Hey, I understand we aren't a known commodity like the other guys so I took no offense at you being skeptical. I just wanted to take the opportunity to  snag a new customer, I'm always on the hustle, haha!

We have been growing lately because of our prices, service, and quality. Our biggest obstacle is without a doubt getting people to try our hardware the first time. However, after the first sale we always have a new customer.

We are also a Master Distributor for Liberty Hardware and work with them on a lot of their closeout inventory. So we have great prices on their stuff too if you want to play it safe.

If you find something you need don't hesitate to contact me at the e-mail I left earlier and I'll set you up with a discount so you can test out our quality with less risk being involved.

Have a good one. I'll look forward to hearing from you any time.

Derrick Lawless

Here's the link to the Brusso sale:  It says only available from Brusso.   I'm getting some for some future use that I don't even have any plans for yet just because they are so cheap.

http://www.brusso.com/news_blog/brusso-september-10-hinge-sale/

Thanks Tom, I just ordered 2 pr. of each and also don't have current plans for them.

Yeah, I wasn't sure it would work on sale items. It's 10% off any Brusso order in 2015 I guess.

I only got the 2 stop hinges in the current offer. I mostly use the stop hinges and have a couple of the others on hand. So with shipping I got two sets of top-notch hinges for the price of one. That's quite a bargain for some very nice hardware.