How much do I sell for?

Josiah Brown

green?  Air dried?  kiln dried?  

My local guy sells 6/4 kiln dried hickory 10+" wide for $3.25 bf ft.  Mesquite is not native around here so that would be the closest thing.  Assuming it is dried and in decent shape I'd say each slab is 11 bd ft and worth about $35, assuming a reputable seller.  

Edited by Guest

What is it worth to you?

Come up with what you "think" it is worth, add 25% and advertise it at that price. If it sells, good. If people think it is over priced and try to negotiate with you, you can come down a bit and still get your "worth" price.  

Everything is worth more to the seller than the buyer and then there is the "fair" price in between.

If you just want to get rid of it and out of your way and not haul it to the dump, anything in dollars (and labor) will be a "good" price in my opinion.

Rog

Guess it depends on the condition of the wood and what your local market will bear. Assuming this wood grows locally for you, try searching craigslist. Not sure where you are but this comes up for Arizona when I searched:

http://tucson.craigslist.org/mat/5228664183.html

Essentially 7 dollars a board foot and 10 if you want bookmatched. He seems like a sawyer and not just a guy with a log so I would bet good money his prices are fairly competitive.