Shop Fox 8" Jointer for $175

Tpt life

Great price....I also have the W1741 and the only thing I don't like about it is the small pices added to the bed just before and after the cutter head...I think they are aluminum .Not as slippery as steel and the belt does slap on start up but for what you paid I would love it...

I noticed the belt issue on test startup. I am not in love with the tensioning. I am envisioning some longer bolts, angle iron, and threaded rod to allow better motor positioning. I may also try a cogged belt as the cutter head pulley diameter is on the small side. If I get the stuff I dream of made into a workable project I will journal the adaptations. 

@mat60, what do you use as a friction agent? I thought the mouth areas are stainless but will need to get home to confirm. I cannot imagine aluminum holding up with polish under friction and they are certainly brightly shiny. 

I noticed the belt issue on test startup. I am not in love with the tensioning. I am envisioning some longer bolts, angle iron, and threaded rod to allow better motor positioning. I may also try a cogged belt as the cutter head pulley diameter is on the small side. If I get the stuff I dream of made into a workable project I will journal the adaptations.

@mat60, what do you use as a friction agent? I thought the mouth areas are stainless but will need to get home to confirm. I cannot imagine aluminum holding up with polish under friction and they are certainly brightly shiny.

I use Johnson Paste Wax and use it allot when I'm using the jointer.It may be stainless but what ever it it seems to scratch easy and I don't put any junk through  my equipment and Its really my only complaint  .I was using a 6in.delta open Base and this was a great improvement for the shop.You did get a great deal..Well  may I also add I was complaining about mine and I must admit sir that maybe we could have talked about that later.  I don't have the money for high end equipment .