Timing is everything

Janello

So, I finally saved enough money to buy my big ass shop lights. I looked online last night and Home Depot had them on sale marked down 50 bucks each! I wanted to pay cash (to fly under the wifey radar) So today I went to my local home depot to order them. The woman at the courtesy desk looked them up and WHAAA???!! they went back up in price since last night!!! 

So she called Anthony the Home Depot King and and pleaded my case. Turns out Big Ass lights had an overstock promotion that ended last night. She was able to get Anthony to give me 5 lights at 10% off out of pity. So I still saved around 40 bucks a light. I should have them in a couple weeks. I may need one more for the shop at a later date, but for now I am happy that I will finally get to see all the defects in my workmanship. :P

Moral of the story: If you see a sale, Don't wait, jump on it!

Glad it worked out.  I mostly agree about jumping on sales, I've missed a couple deals recently myself because I hadn't done my research ahead of time and wasn't able to pull the trigger...read up ahead of time and be ready, otherwise you might end up jumping on deals that aren't as great as they seem, some companies are always advertising "sales", cough cough HF.

Good to hear you still got a discount. Those are nice looking lights but damn are they proud of them at $400 per fixture!

I hear ya. I contemplated this more than any other thing that I have put in my shop. I had changed my mind 10 times but still came back to wanting these.  I guess what it boils down to is I spent so much on this shop already, why compromise with the final step. I'm hoping they don't disappoint. 

It may not be the best way to view funds, but I have always had the attitude that money is just paper and I will make more next week. 

Shaney, you are to blame for my Festool problem also.  <GR>

By the way, I had no idea Home Depot carried the Big Ass Lights.  Now I know where to for them.  I intend to have them in my shop.

Lets not refer to it as a "problem". Id say its more like i have helped you on your path to tooling nirvana.
  • Like 1

Lets not refer to it as a "problem". Id say its more like i have helped you on your path to tooling nirvana.

When I was taking philosophy courses in college, we talked about reaching nirvana.  

For some reason, I don't recall nirvana costing so much.   :D

• Like 1

I hear ya. I contemplated this more than any other thing that I have put in my shop. I had changed my mind 10 times but still came back to wanting these.  I guess what it boils down to is I spent so much on this shop already, why compromise with the final step. I'm hoping they don't disappoint. 

It may not be the best way to view funds, but I have always had the attitude that money is just paper and I will make more next week. 

I changed my mind 10 times with every decision on my shop build! I had a total $$ number in mind, and once I passed it, it was even easier to do what I wanted instead of cutting corners.  You won't have any regrets spending money on nice shop improvements. Be sure to post pics of your bright ass shop once you install them.