Refinishing restaurant tables and coming up with a $ ?

JerrySats

I'm re- finishing about 20 tables 30"x30"  for a local restaurant.  Stripping the old clear off (using my ROS) takes about 30 mins per table then restain takes another 30 mins. Spraying doesn't take long at all , clean up takes longer. I have about 3-4 hours into the job doing 2 tables.  How are you guys coming up with a per table cost to Re finsih tables? I know new these weren't cheap ( mahogany tops) but don't want to price the job to high. I have an number in my head but want to see what you guys come up with . I know there's a ton of variables in that $ but let's here yours. Thanks

I can only tell you what I have been charged for a similar job.  I had some interior 6 panel doors stripped and refinished.  Bids varied from $200 to $500 per door, so a pretty wide range.  The doors were stripped and finished with opaque tinted nitro lacquer.  

Edited by Guest

How do you value your time? How much do you have in material's plus your overhead.  Overhead includes wear and tear on equipment, addition to your electric bill, time and mileage going for materials.  Add all that up, divide by 20 tables, then double or triple the total for reinvesting in the business and pay your salary and costs.  If your work is good, value your time carefully, you want repeat clients!

I would consider that stripping and sanding isn't something many people like to do. If the first couple of tables weren't bad I bet by the time you get to the second 10 tables it's going to start to suck. Personally I would bid this higher because of the above, but it's your time and you might have some new toys in mind with the money. 

I'll probably do something like this to figure out a price per table . 

Ya like to eat don't ya? Is the food any good? Work into the deal a "back end" that has value to you. Negoiate 10/15/20 nice meals. Or steaks, bar bill, birthday party???

-Ace-

I like that thinking but I eat there free already . I do a ton of work for this place but its all new projects not refinishing something they have already . 

I'll probably do something like to figure a per table cost . 

Ya like to eat don't ya? Is the food any good? Work into the deal a "back end" that has value to you. Negoiate 10/15/20 nice meals. Or steaks, bar bill, birthday party???

-Ace-

I like that thinking but I eat there free already . I do a ton of work for this place but its all new projects not refinishing something they have already .