Hello from Minnesota

boelkers

Hi everyone, my name is Brandon and I've been a long time fan of Marc's videos and reader of these forums.  I've been doing carpentry work since...well forever, at least as long as I can remember.  I grew up during the 15 years of renovation on my parents home.  Growing up in that environment, I got to work with my dad and grandpa.  Both men were knowledgeable in carpentry, plumbing, electrical, landscaping, and many other things.  I loved every minute of learning from them and I treasure the time I spent working side by side with them.

I now work as an IT Systems Admin which I enjoy as it occupies my brain with problem solving every day.  Woodworking is a hobby I love to spend my spare time with and I enjoy reading the posts on this forum learning about new techniques, looking at cool projects/ideas, and drooling over other peoples shops/tools.

A little over a year ago my wife and I moved from Wisconsin back to the area in Minnesota where we grew up.  She was offered a teaching position and we were wanting to be closer to family again.  About 2 months ago my wife and I purchased our first house together.  The house we bought was actually the home I originally grew up in and spent endless hours working with my dad and grandpa.  The home is in poor shape compared to when my parents sold it 10 years ago.  I knew when I saw it come on the market that I just had to buy it if for no other reason than to restore it to its former beauty.  So now here I am, a 5 bedroom, 1 1/2 bath, 3 story, 3200 sq ft house built in 1919 occupied by my me, my wife, and our 2 dogs.  The house has endless memories in the past and many that the future holds.  We have big plans for the home and a renovation plan that is in line with the one my parents had...never ending.  I can't wait to put my personal touches on the home that helped shape the person I became.

I look forward to sharing on here the many projects I start and hopefully finish in this home.