Super Mario End Grain Cutting Board

dewitteridder

I thought I would share a photo of a new cutting board I made. This is a 24"x24" cutting board that is 1 3/4" thick. Because of the nature of the design I couldn't do the standard glueing up strips and cross cutting to get a check board pattern. Looking back this board is a little big as it doesn't fit in my sink very well but oh well. I hope you enjoy the picture

image.jpg

The pattern was achieved just with the glue up? No cnc? Very cool. Nice cutting board man!
  • Like 1

Really nice cutting board. It's nice to see one that isn't a symmetrical pattern.

I used to play Mario...well I guess you could say I was addicted to Mario Bros. in the mid 80s. Played with my nephew until his mother was sick of us. Nice way to get carpal tunnel syndrome...;)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Love the video game boards.  A year or two ago I bought a mega man cutting board as a wedding present for a buddy of mine - are you that same dude I bought it from?  I think the site was 1337Motif, or something along those lines?

Thanks for your wonderful compliments. That wasn't me that you bought it from. These are the first two video gamer cutting boards I built. Here is the new one I just made for my sister

IMG_0552.JPG

• 3 weeks later...