Hello from Abu Dhabi

Bart

New to the forums, some great info here. Long time listener to the podcast, and lurker of the respective websites. 

I'm originally from the Netherlands, live in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates). I work from my garage, mainly battling heat and humidity! I tend to build big stuff which invariably I struggle with to handle alone, maybe one day I'll learn to get into more refined smaller pieces. Decent wood supply here, but not cheap as of course there is very little local wood available so it all gets shipped in from the Far East or US/Europe. Been building tables out of Brazilian Ebony (got a good deal!), Burma Teak, Iroko and walnut. Mainly for our own use, recently for friends. No where near as good as I'd like to be but I love wood working and my wife usually approves. 

Biggest frustration is getting the larger tools as they just are not available here (jointer, etc) except for very cheap Chinese stuff or super expensive Italian made equipment. 

Best regards, Bart