Plastic squeeze bottles for glue

adambaum

I buy glue in 4L containers (called gallons by people farther south than me), so there is no way to effectively work out of that jug.

I often buy ketchup and mustard picnic containers from the local dollar store (2 for a buck - one yellow and one red). I use the yellow bottle for TB1 and the red bottle for TB3.  When they get empty, I either refill them (if suitable) or get some new ones.

i have also reused honey containers and mustard containers - just make sure they are super clean before using them.

I buy glue in 4L containers (called gallons by people farther south than me), so there is no way to effectively work out of that jug.

I often buy ketchup and mustard picnic containers from the local dollar store (2 for a buck - one yellow and one red). I use the yellow bottle for TB1 and the red bottle for TB3.  When they get empty, I either refill them (if suitable) or get some new ones.

i have also reused honey containers and mustard containers - just make sure they are super clean before using them.

So, when people talk about running a 4L fun run, they're talking gallons? I never have understood that metric stuff?

I'll just buy the 16 oz and 8 oz bottles of glue and refill them as needed from the gallon container. They last through a lot of refills before having to buy new ones.

This is what I do. Same TBIII bottle has lasted me for 4-5 gallons of refills this year? Somewhere around that much. It has seen better days, and I might consider replacing it this Christmas. I hate the gluebot. Mine kept leaking out of the top cap when pressure was applied. I used it on one project and then chucked it in the corner of the basement. Waste of money.

I also bought a gluebot based on the hype. I used it with some titebond, and simply didn't understand the advantage of having to pour my glue out of a container into another container. I really felt stupid for buying the gluebot. It now sits on a shelf to remind me not to buy stupid things. 

Lee Valley has some

http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/page.aspx?p=20008&cat=1,190,44133

The only problem is the other $200 worth of stuff that's going to end up in your cart at the same time.  But... free shipping right now.

happens to me all the time.  I went in yesterday to exchange a defective drill bit i bought, and walked out with a bag of domino tenons, a box of 50 discs of festool paper, a can of finish, and some other odds and sods.  Good buy 200 bucks!

Edited by Pug

• 1 month later...

I also bought a gluebot based on the hype. I used it with some titebond, and simply didn't understand the advantage of having to pour my glue out of a container into another container. I really felt stupid for buying the gluebot. It now sits on a shelf to remind me not to buy stupid things. 

I really like the gluebots!  Being able to apply at different angles is handy!  The real solution is just to remember to clean them when you're done.

I really like the gluebots!  Being able to apply at different angles is handy!  The real solution is just to remember to clean them when you're done.

"When you're done"? do you empty the unused glue back into the gallon jug and wash out the gluebot at the end of the day?  Or, do you wash them out before refilling?