back in the shop

ncfowler

sometimes you need to to just step away or change up what you make.  i have been away from the "shop" for a while now.  at least i have not been doing a lot of personal projects. been fixing up the house replacing broken wood siding, painting garage, hanging gutters, plus the regular things like raking leaves in the yard.  thinking that ill get back in the garage though and start making something.  think to get past my block ill instead of making something out of wood i want to try my hand at leather carving and stamping.  recently had my belt break so im thinking of making my own with a wood belt buckle.  but like you sometimes its easiest to go in the shop and just be in the space clean, organize, move equipment around ect.... 

I finally got back in the shop this week and the first thing I did was put another coat of finish on the rocking chair so, had to step right back out again ;)

Well Kev at least the prior coats had a decent chance to dry:lol:

Edited by Chet K.
  • Like 1

think to get past my block ill instead of making something out of wood i want to try my hand at leather carving and stamping.  recently had my belt break so im thinking of making my own with a wood belt buckle.  but like you sometimes its easiest to go in the shop and just be in the space clean, organize, move equipment around ect.... 

Why not make the whole belt out of wood? I did.

OakBeltIMG_0421-1.jpg

No, it is not strong enough to hold my britches up. :)

Rog

• Like 1

WTH is a CBG? Cigar Box Guitar?

why yes, I built one for myself a year or so ago, A friend who plays asked me to make him, He owns a barber shop, and was playing it in the shop and he started to take orders, now I can't keep up with them, most time the orders are six month back log, not that it takes me that long but it allows me to get out of the shop to do other things, right now I have two on the bench, and  orders for six more, which will be done by the end of the year, now that I got the time to do them, most times it only takes me a week to make, (mind not a solid week of labor but with glue up and finishing, total real time is only about six hours) If I do an production run and not have customs made I can do all six at the same time, allowing about a month total,