This is painful

shaneymack

Given:

• that red doesn't seem to be a Veritas tool box color
  • the size of the package
  • a completely non-thorough review of the Lee Valley site

I conclude that Pug must be totally correct.  Shaneymack, you sir are getting a reel mower for your birthday.

Before you get depressed over the lack of a wood working tool - keep in mind this opens up a whole new set of tool maintenance gadget possibilities!  Do you have the appropriate sharpener?  They sell one!  Do you have the right nozzles for your garden hose to clean it?  They sell those too!  And don't forget to prevent rust, oil it, etc.

And...and...and!!!  It will need a home!  You'll need to build a dedicated shed for it, complete with LED lights.

• Like 2

Measure and weight it immediately.  Compare to wish list,  that should eliminate at least half. 

The box is pretty heavy 10-15lbs for sure. Not sure how i can compare that to the list though.....

My guess is reel lawnmower ;)

Given:

• that red doesn't seem to be a Veritas tool box color
  • the size of the package
  • a completely non-thorough review of the Lee Valley site

I conclude that Pug must be totally correct.  Shaneymack, you sir are getting a reel mower for your birthday.

Before you get depressed over the lack of a wood working tool - keep in mind this opens up a whole new set of tool maintenance gadget possibilities!  Do you have the appropriate sharpener?  They sell one!  Do you have the right nozzles for your garden hose to clean it?  They sell those too!  And don't forget to prevent rust, oil it, etc.

And...and...and!!!  It will need a home!  You'll need to build a dedicated shed for it, complete with LED lights.

That would be a sick joke. I wouldn't be impressed!! Especially seeing as its almost snowing here!

Geez, talk about over-complicating things.  The box is already open...pry that corner apart a little and peek in.  Mystery solved.

Cmon man, where is the fun in that?? You don't like surprises? 

This is why my wife sends anything other than Amazon boxes to her parents house.

Considering she is at home with the kids most of the week and i am at work, she figured she would have been the one to receive the package.

What is the latest "Honey-do" on the list and what tool did you tell her that you needed to do it?

Rog

What is the latest....thats funny. There is a revolving list of 37 things that is talked about all the time. My next project is looking like the maloof rocker and I need some stuff for that. Maybe some rasps?? The box is too heavy for just rasps though.

The only thing that I can think of that she would know to "surprise" me with that was not on my list is a moxon vise  I remember talking to her about that a little while back. 

Maybe this is the approach i should take with the wife when she gets home from work...

actually i had a conversation with your wife she was afraid it would be taken off your wish list so she had me order it for you......its a pony

Funny you say this. She has been bugging me to get a pony for our girls. So it would be fitting that she bought one. i just don't think it would fit in that box. 

Well it sounds like it weighs to much for socks and underwear, so maybe It's an everlast chastity belt, subtle hint she wants no more ankle bitters!  With the red, I doubt it is a Festool.  Guess you will just have to wait a few more days. 

Could be a gift certificate to the vasectomy clinic. I'm headed there soon....

Ok now I'm getting all ancy... what's in the box Mrs shaneymack. ...

There a a few things in there. I asked if i can have a gift a day until Thursday to take the edge off. Not a chance

Maybe it's a camera so you can start your career as a professional nutscaper Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

im not flexible enough.

haha! I showed this link to the wife. Thats not it!

My guess is a floral gardeners apron and a small hoe. She's gonna sexy you up.

Who wears the apron? Me or the small hoe??