Incra (customer service)

Cliff

I picked up a router table at an estate auction a few days back. Had an Incra fence on a woodpecker router table. I had no idea what the Incra stuff was, just that it was a deal. Turned out it was an Incra Jig Ultra from the mid-90's. But it was missing some of the stuff because the family had no idea what went with what. I was missing templates and guides. 

I contacted Mark over at Incra and starting pumping him full of my noob questions about what I was missing. He asked for a pic. Then he gave me the rundown on what I was missing, url's to get it, the parts page for the unit I have and other awesome advice. Even set me straight on some set up stuff. 

Considering they hadn't seen any sort of profit from this transaction as it was 20 years old, I was very impressed. It's a product that they no longer even sell and many companies, while they may make a small effort, wouldn't go this far, I think. 

I was already wanting their box jig to use on the table saw, and was thinking in the back of my mind that some day I'd like to get the their table saw fence and rails system, and my interaction  with them sold me on that. In fact, now I want to set fire to my Kreg miter table saw miter system that I bought a few months ago. Sure Kreg has never done anything to me, but at this point they'd have to personally contact me and ask me if they can come over and clean my shop to win out.

So, it may be known already, but Incra's service seems quite good. 

• Like 1

Kreg customer service is awesome. When I setup my router table I put the ruler on the wrong side for the sliding aluminum piece, I called and asked if I could buy a new adhesive ruler. He said do you have the part number? Gave him the number and he said ok that's part of a kit bag. Sent me the whole kit bag no questions asked, no cost to me at all. Their exhibitors at the woodworking show however are horrid. Incra's also a good company to deal with. 

• Like 1

I had a couple of contacts with the guy's at Incra during the purchase and then during the set up and they definitely have good customer service.  Real helpful.  When I first was setting up the lift I was having a problem with how the motor was going in the lift.  I was assuming there was a defect with the lift so I call and told them the problem and that I was looking to get an exchange. The first thing out of his mouth was they would have no problem shipping out a new one that day and having it to me in a couple of days.  Then he said but lets try a couple of things before we do that, sure enough it was an "installer error" and he had me up and running in a matter of minutes.

My experience with Incra customer service was not good. I needed a $20 part from Incra for my LS system and it was not listed in Amazon, so I asked them to sell it on that marketplace, the answer was blah blah blah NO. I needed that part so I was forced to order from their site.

FTR I also sent the grrrrriper support guys a similar request, and they had the part listed on Amazon within 48 hours and emailed me a notice.

My experience with Incra customer service was not good. I needed a $20 part from Incra for my LS system and it was not listed in Amazon, so I asked them to sell it on that marketplace, the answer was blah blah blah NO. I needed that part so I was forced to order from their site.

FTR I also sent the grrrrriper support guys a similar request, and they had the part listed on Amazon within 48 hours and emailed me a notice.

Just curious why it was necessary that you buy through Amazon?  You have a problem ordering from companies' sites directly for some reason?

Just curious why it was necessary that you buy through Amazon?  You have a problem ordering from companies' sites directly for some reason?

Hey, I'm the customer... and I prefer Amazon for a lot of reasons... including the fact that every single time I had a problem with a purchase, Amazon ruled in my favor to my full satisfaction.

Incra sells tons of items on Amazon, that's why I asked. For them, including one more item in that marketplace is just a few clicks away.

Hey, I'm the customer... and I prefer Amazon for a lot of reasons... including the fact that every single time I had a problem with a purchase, Amazon ruled in my favor to my full satisfaction.

Incra sells tons of items on Amazon, that's why I asked. For them, including one more item in that marketplace is just a few clicks away.

...and insane commission fees.

Trust me, I like seeing every product on earth offered on AZ and it's also my preferred method of purchasing...always.  But certain items with little value are impossible to turn a profit with if you sell them on AZ.  The fees are out of this world.  So if you're selling a $10 item that you would be making $2 profit on selling through your own site, you would make no money or actually take a loss selling them on AZ.

Put yourself in the seller's shoes.

Trust me, I like seeing every product on earth offered on AZ and it's also my preferred method of purchasing...always.  But certain items with little value are impossible to turn a profit with if you sell them on AZ.  The fees are out of this world.  So if you're selling a $10 item that you would be making $2 profit on selling through your own site, you would make no money or actually take a loss selling them on AZ.

Not to mention, are you really having problems with purchases that often?  I've had a few of course, and Amazon always hooked me up, but for the sake of a 20 dollar part are you really worried about getting screwed somewhere down the line that it's that important to you to be protected by Amazon's buyer policies?  I could see if you were buying the entire fence system for 400 bucks or whatever, but I gotta side with Incra on this one man.  

I considered that. What I needed was a set of clamps that let you attach the Incra fence to the table top. They sell right angle clamps at Amazon (+-$10 each pair) but what I needed was a slightly different one (PWFN-700400) which sells for +-$10 each clamp, and I needed two...

Anyways, I only asked. I explained my reasons and the intended use. They said NO. I didn't like that, but ordered from their site because I already have quite an investment in Incra products and I needed that part in my workflow. End of story.