Cast Iron Wing's

Cliff

Anyone replaced their stamped steel wings with cast iron ones? More specifically, has one bought the sawstop replacement ones and drilled new holes so it would fit their saw (non-sawstop saw?) Just curious. I contacted Delta to see if they can sell me the cast iron wings from their upgraded version of my saw, cause I bet the holes match up, but just in case, kind of considering other possibilities. My steel ones are jacked. they aren't staying flat. Not sure what is going on. 

30 + years ago I replaced the stamped steel wings on my Craftsman contractors saw with the cast iron wings. I used aluminum tape ( for duct work) to shim the edge and get a level surface . It was a major improvement to the saw. Several years later I upgraded to my first UniSaw. 

Gave the old saw to my grandfather to replace his ancient 8" blade saw with worn out bearings. He taught me so much it was fun to give him an upgrade.

• Like 1

I have cast-iron on my Delta. Nice and heavy. The saw runs super smooth from the extra weight of the wings. Hey man, you can drill steel, so do some research see if it can work. I cut pieces of aluminum from beer (um pop/soda :P) cans for shims.  

-Ace-

Did you order yours from Delta? It sounds like others have bought the Sawstop ones on amazon for $100 and had no problem installing them. Since amazon has a flawless return service, I definitely plan to if Delta doesn't provide me with ones that easily fit my saw. 

Did you order yours from Delta? It sounds like others have bought the Sawstop ones on amazon for $100 and had no problem installing them. Since amazon has a flawless return service, I definitely plan to if Delta doesn't provide me with ones that easily fit my saw. 

My Delta came with cast iron wings. Just saying i love them and no reason why you shouldn't find something that will work with your saw. Whatever or whomever's product you choose to use.

-Ace-   

I maymay erogenous but I doubt amazon will take back a set of wings that have been drilled and tapped.

I maymay erogenous but I doubt amazon will take back a set of wings that have been drilled and tapped.

I think that would be a correct assumption. Though, who knows with them. But my reasoning is in case the wings come and they are not flat the way they should be and I need replacements.