What to do with 16/4 maple and padauk windfall?

Friend of a friend is closing shop and is offering 150-200bf of 16/4 maple and similar amount of assorted paduak and afromosia at a couple of bucks per bf. Shop space is tight so I'm looking for project ideas.  

I've already built a massive Roubo workbench so what are some other good applications of 6-10" wide 16/4 maple?  Not crazy about maple in living or bedroom setting, but open to suggestions

Also about to dive into a couple of Marcs G&G inspired projects like the Adirondack chairs and the blanket chest.  Was accumulating Honduran mahogany for both...would paduak be as appropriate?

Ashley

Edited by Ashley McCorkle

Hmm 16/4 doesn't come often and doesn't come cheap.  

With the padeuk, if it was nice straight grain,  I would be cutting into 3"x4" squares and posting it for sale on some of the big spearfishing forums.  No reason you couldn't get $75- for each. 

Trading it for something else you need is also a great idea. 

Checked back with my contact and there is about 1000bf of the 16/4 maple.  Most looks to be about 8-9" wide.  Right now the best offer the guy has is $500. This is killing me as I have no place to put 1000bf of anything. 

Am am more tempted by the 150bf of afrormosia or about the same amount of paduak, both for $2-3/bf. Never made anything with either.  Hear the former was big in mid century modern furniture. Wonder how paduak would take to g&g as a mahogany substitute. Too red?

• 2 weeks later...