Jet/Powermatic Machines and Clamps and such

Tom Cancelleri

Is there some secret as to why they go 31/40 instead of 36/48? Just curious.

31 is common for cabinets, 24 is common for doors and cabinets as well. 40 is a common size for handling 36" items. You always want a little extra to fit your pieces. They can be anywhere from 0 to the limit of the bar. Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

I am new to woodworking and wanting to pick up a bunch of parallel clamps during this sale. Since I have no parallel clamps currently, what would be the best sizes to pick up? I plan on doing a variety of different projects, so nothing in specific yet, just want a good array of clamps that will serve me well as I start. Thanks for the help

I am new to woodworking and wanting to pick up a bunch of parallel clamps during this sale. Since I have no parallel clamps currently, what would be the best sizes to pick up? I plan on doing a variety of different projects, so nothing in specific yet, just want a good array of clamps that will serve me well as I start. Thanks for the help

Buy the longer, expensive ones while they are on sale. Most use short ones more often, and you need them eventually, but long clamps can squeeze short boards. Other way, not so mych.

Some good advice for you in this thread:

http://www.woodtalkonline.com/topic/20385-jet-sale/