Just threw a chunk of Roubo on the fire

Tom Cancelleri

i have a 6 dollar a BF fire here about once a month, if it would get up to 37 here i'd wash the new truck on the driveway, down to 3 degrees here tonight, 12 inches of snow yesterday and  today.

we're not that bad but close.  Had almost a foot of snow and power out most of the day.  Had to make a fire in the fireplace for the first time.  Power back thankfully but still no DirecTV. =(

In the teens all day tomorrow. =(

garage door opener quit working today, guess i'll have to go to manual till they can get here to fix it

I hate that when the power is out.  None of my doors actually stay up on their own so I always have to prop them up with a ladder or something...and my wife is too short to even reach the manual release even on a step stool lol. 

One winter my DirecTv dish got snowed over. Took a garden hose and hooked it to the water heater drain valve, used a jet nozzle and melted the snow in just a few seconds.

I've been debating various possibilities all night.  I've seen your idea but our hot water is in the basement and wrong side of the house. We have a balcony off the master that gives direct line of sight to the dish, so I may just get a super soaker and fill it with warm water.

I have been told that there is a two part spray you can put on your dish that won't allow anything to stick to it. Never tried it, my dish is on the ground and just out my back door. Easy to broom off. If the spray works you could apply when the sun is shining and wouldn't have to worry about falling.

I have been told that there is a two part spray you can put on your dish that won't allow anything to stick to it. Never tried it, my dish is on the ground and just out my back door. Easy to broom off. If the spray works you could apply when the sun is shining and wouldn't have to worry about falling.

Yea I've heard about that kinda stuff but I'm not sure how well it would work.    Fortunately, general laziness actually fixed it...it's on the south side obviously and got full sun Sunday morning which melted most of the snow despite the low temps and I was able to brush off the rest to restore full service.     If only the approach of doing nothing was more successful at finishing my other projects.

http://youtu.be/9rMcRJVY1-0

Edited by ColinF