Black Friday Money Blowing Bonanza!

Eric.

Come one, come all!

Show off your new goodies or come here to be inspired to blow your hard earned money!

Who needs to wait for Black Friday when you can blow any day of the week?!?!

I'll start it off.  Just a little warm-up session before the big blow in five days!  Today I bought...

Precision_Router_Base.jpg

(just the base)

Carbide Downcut Inlay Router Bits 1/32" dia.

(yes, it's that tiny...1/32")

On_Off_Footswitch.jpg

(look Mom, no hands!)

81hMctFO1SL._SL1500_.jpg

(for making sure there's no bugs in my food)

And last but not least...I've been drooling over this one for years, and now it's mine...

Big Daddy Pattern Bit

Now get out there, soldier, and BLOW that money!  He who is not broke by December loses!

• Like 2

E, I've got that StewMac dremel router base kit with the dust blower pump, hose, binding channel attachment, and the circle cutter. I've got the tiny carbide bits also 1/32, 3/32, and 1/8"  Very nicely made items. Those 1/32" bits are super delicate. Those items were some of my first woodworking tools, exceptionally helpful stuff for guitar building. You won't be disappointed with the quality and machining. The depth setting takes a bit to get used to since there's no gauge and you adjust each side 1 at a time based on how much your turn the brass knobs. 

Now get out there, soldier, and BLOW that money!  He who is not broke by December loses!

Broke by December? I've been in a perpetual state of broke. Have money, will spend. Seriously though I'm running out of stuff to buy, I mean c'mon I have Festool drills at this point. My purchases start on Friday though, I clearly need to upgrade my planer, I can't handle the knives anymore.

Edited by Tom Cancelleri
  • Like 2

Hmm, now that I think of it, I did order one of these....I'll call it an early Black Friday purchase...

SMK1_big.jpg

Taunting me with high quality marking knives. Oh my poor wallet. On another note, I lost my wallet this morning and was pretty frantic. After a few hours it had fallen off my table into my work bag. 

• Like 1

What's the top thing for, inlay work?

Yeah B, inlay indeed.  I usually use a pair of plunge routers and 1/8" and 1/16" bits, but I've been wanting to scale down even more...so I did.  I have a little inlay job coming in the near future.  Very little.

E, I've got that StewMac dremel router base kit with the dust blower pump, hose, binding channel attachment, and the circle cutter. I've got the tiny carbide bits also 1/32, 3/32, and 1/8"  Very nicely made items. Those 1/32" bits are super delicate. Those items were some of my first woodworking tools, exceptionally helpful stuff for guitar building. You won't be disappointed with the quality and machining. The depth setting takes a bit to get used to since there's no gauge and you adjust each side 1 at a time based on how much your turn the brass knobs. 

Good to know it's good stuff.  You can tell by just the pic that the base is a solid piece.  Good reviews too but it's nice to get confirmation from a trusted source.

I know those 1/32" bits are fragile.  I'll be using it for the lightest of light final passes to get into the nooks and crannies and to kiss those lines.  Should be a good setup for that.

Also I don't think the adjustment should be too big of an issue since I'll just use my already routed area to set it.  Hit bottom and stop.

Tell me more about this dust blower pump...

I'm trying to keep up e. So far I've picked me up one of these,  Baldor 3hp motor, new bearings,a matched set of belts,  new motor cover,  new switch, 10 feet of 12/3 wire.

The vsct fence is in the shopping cart. I keep going back and forth if I want to do that now or wait until after I get the shop wall put up.

It should be pretty straight forward but any time your doing electrical and ripping down drywall, an extra $500 in the shop fund is bound to be needed..

Baldor-WWL3606-3-Horsepower-1-Phase-3450-RPM-Replacement-Motor-For-Delta-Right-Tilt-Unisaws-0.gif

• Like 1

Was the Big Daddy bit on sale Eric?

Nah, I'm pretty sure all of the items I bought yesterday basically never go on sale...which is why I bought them yesterday.  I think I'm most excited about the magnifying visor actually.  I've always wanted to be bionic.  Also, a woman can't resist a man with a magnifying visor on, especially if that's all he's wearing aside from socks.

• Like 2

Nah, I'm pretty sure all of the items I bought yesterday basically never go on sale...which is why I bought them yesterday.  I think I'm most excited about the magnifying visor actually.  I've always wanted to be bionic.  Also, a woman can't resist a man with a magnifying visor on, especially if that's all he's wearing aside from socks.

Depends. On whether or not the socks match.

eh so far I'm over $300 in goodies,But every day it seems to Grow .I have $200 in giftcards i've been stashing so now i'm waiting on a the code to drop. this will be my second order from them in a short time first time around I was getting some new airbrushes.  This order is mostly paint and gold leaf.. the reason why i made the tool box thread. 

cart.jpg

Spent mine a couple of weeks back buying a bunch of Bessey K bodies to add to my clamp wall. Also bought 21 ancient molding planes (all in great working order) and just bought a Yamaha RXV479 AV amplifer for the surround sound system. The 14 year old Teac amp has a fault and has had to be retired. Can't wait until the new amp arrives as I have Rush R40 on Blue Ray coming some time in December when it is released.

So no money left for black Friday - until I see something that I've got to have.

• Like 1