Christmas came early

wtnhighlander

Very nice Ross. Great that it has some guide bushes with it too.

Yes, I was not expecting those. Not sure what material they are. Not brass, don't feel like aluminum. Appearance is sort of like zinc plated, but they seem light for steel. And steel sounds like a bad idea, anyway.

Great purchase. You went green - LOL

Yeah, that's about as close the THAT sort of green as I am likely to get!

Thats awesome Ross! You have an awesome wife. Id keep making stuff with her name on it if this is the benefit it reaps!!

Yep, have to agree on her awesomeness!

I powered it up to make sure it ran before I tossed the box. It is, indeed, much quieter than my old fixed base routers. Variable speed seems smooth. Haven't cut with it yet, so I don't know how the speed control handles a load. I found it nice that it included the motor, fixed base, plunge base, extra base plate, 1/4" and 1/2" collets, a collection of guide bushings, a centering pin, and a pair of screws for attatching an edge guide. Also collet wrenches, an allen key for the edge guide screws, and another wrench, for which I have yet to find a use. No edge guide, though.