Help a moron

Eric.

Put the turkey down, you've had enough.  And help this moron find this thing he can't find...

Router table inserts, made by Incra or Woodpeckers or JessEm...I can't remember but I know they fit my Incra plate.  They're steel, they have ADDITIONAL HOLES so air can flow through and suck more dust...that's the critical part.  They come in a set.  I cannot for the life of me remember what they are called or where to find them.  I've been looking for a half hour.

Help a moron.  Thank you.  Merry Christmas.

• Like 1

I like the guys at my Rockler but I hate Rockler as a company.  Too many reasons to go into.  We don't need another Rockler bashing thread anyway.

Unfortunately they don't sell the item I'm wanting and I have to pay tax buying from Rockler so I usually don't.  I get my ARS from them most of the time and a turning blank now and then.  Router bits, etc.  No big purchases.  I used to spend a bunch of money there until they stopped sending out the 20% off one item coupons.  If they wanna stop offering good deals then I'll just stop shopping there.  That's their problem.

Incra has 10% off store-wide until January 4th, so if you're in the market for expensive Incra stuff, jump on it.  But they do charge for shipping.  I hate shipping.  I want them to lie to me.  Inflate the price of the item and give me free shipping.  Paying for shipping is like money down the toilet.  LIE to me.

I wanna pay a nickel for a half-eaten pork chop.

This thing confuses me. it fits around the router? Is that safe? 

My router, the one I ordered for the table, you cannot adjust the height unless you have the switch set to off so if this thing goes over the entire router I'd have to undo it every time that happens. 

This thing confuses me. it fits around the router? Is that safe? 

My router, the one I ordered for the table, you cannot adjust the height unless you have the switch set to off so if this thing goes over the entire router I'd have to undo it every time that happens. 

why would it not be safe?

Most people have their router in the table in a router lift. Just about every lift I know of allows adjustments above the table.  You either insert a hex or lift the plate out. This box is under the table. Can't see how it could be unsafe. 

Not the Houston store. They are a fantastic bunch of guys!

I like the guys at my Rockler but I hate Rockler as a company.  Too many reasons to go into.  We don't need another Rockler bashing thread anyway.

Unfortunately they don't sell the item I'm wanting and I have to pay tax buying from Rockler so I usually don't.  I get my ARS from them most of the time and a turning blank now and then.  Router bits, etc.  No big purchases.  I used to spend a bunch of money there until they stopped sending out the 20% off one item coupons.  If they wanna stop offering good deals then I'll just stop shopping there.  That's their problem.

Incra has 10% off store-wide until January 4th, so if you're in the market for expensive Incra stuff, jump on it.  But they do charge for shipping.  I hate shipping.  I want them to lie to me.  Inflate the price of the item and give me free shipping.  Paying for shipping is like money down the toilet.  LIE to me.

I wanna pay a nickel for a half-eaten pork chop.

to clarify, rockler doesn't suck, I like rockler, I said it because I mentioned the free shipping and then they didn't have the product. Let's not get all defensive...

• Like 1

why would it not be safe?

Most people have their router in the table in a router lift. Just about every lift I know of allows adjustments above the table.  You either insert a hex or lift the plate out. This box is under the table. Can't see how it could be unsafe. 

When I typed that I was thinking overheating issues. Then later I realized it has a friggin dust hose attached. 

So anyway, I wonder if I can get it to work with the Kreg insert.

to clarify, rockler doesn't suck, I like rockler, I said it because I mentioned the free shipping and then they didn't have the product. Let's not get all defensive...

Saying that Rockler sucks is an opinion based on experience. Has nothing to do with being defensive... In my experience, I would also say that Rockler sucks. Your store may be great, and that is just awesome! I wish the people that choose to spend their time inside that store (notice I didn't say work) weren't so damn worthless. They know nothing about the products they are selling, and know less about woodworking. And that wouldn't even be so bad, because I generally know what I want to buy. But, they are just so rude. Like they are doing me a favor by ringing the items up during the checkout. So yes, Rockler in Milwaukee, Wi sucks. 

Woodcraft on the other hand is the place I go when I need things. This is based on the experience of the people working their. The owner is usually in the store, and is always very helpful and fair. The staff at Woodcraft is always friendly and helpful.