The Great Sam Maloof

Janello

Janello, that is a fantasitc video. I really love watching stuff about Sam Maloof, incredible craftsman and seemed like an incredible man all around. I am starting the Maloof rocker this weekend so i have been watching and reading all things Sam Maloof these past few weeks. I hope i can do his amazing work justice! Thanks for posting this, i will watch it again.

This one is worth a watch also. 

• Like 1

I just made the misses watch the Reserve Channel video. She's now in love with the chair and says it needs officially added to the list of projects. After my workbench, a desk, dinning room table, kitchen table, two morris chairs for the office, and odds and ends she randomly adds to my list. Figure I'll get to it in 5 years.

I want a framed picture of Sam Maloof in my shop, along with ones of Norm Abram, Marc Spagnuolo, and my dad. :)

Norm - Holding a nailgun

Marc - Holding a Router Plane

Dad - Holding? something. 

haha

Have you noticed, no dust collection/masks shown throughout the process? If he was that old, probably omitted for the videos?

I did notice. Maybe the dust really doesn't cause harm. 

Norm - Holding a nailgun

Marc - Holding a Router Plane

Dad - Holding? something. 

haha

I did notice. Maybe the dust really doesn't cause harm. 

I tend to lean towards the camp of it's not as bad as it's made out to be.  But I'm not that old yet so we've got a while to find out. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...