WFC 2015 Table & chairs build

CraigW

This is my effort for the WFC build of 2015. This is my first real wood working project, I have only recently taken up the hobby and decided this would be a good place to start! I learned a lot of useful skills during the build, particularly around router use (and how not to use a router on plywood!). I am loving working with wood and have even got my wife addicted to watching Marc's videos which is great because she is encouraging me to buy more tools ;) I made it from a sheet of 18mm birch plywood (which is crazy expensive in New Zealand, around $160 USD), and sadly couldn't get matching color hardware, but I am very pleased with the result and my daughter loves it. She has decided she wants it stained pink (girls, sheesh!) so that will be the finish we apply.

Thanks for looking :)

WFC table & chairs.jpg

• Like 2

Looks great! Your daughter looks like she approves and it looks as though you have yourself a slice of heaven there on that property.:)

Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback!

We are very lucky to live where we do, we have a wonderful outlook at the sheep and horses in the fields behind our house, and the beach is 3 minutes walk in the other direction. The biggest drawback is the lack of availability of wood working supplies and well priced lumber, but you have to take the good with the bad, I guess!

That came out real nice Craig.

==> She has decided she wants it stained pink (girls, sheesh!) so that will be the finish we apply.

Hey, her table, her color... The sooner you realize the women in your life are always right the better off you will be. :P

• Like 1