Craftsman Table Saw extensions (113.29903)

miranthis

I have my grandad's craftsman table saw, circa 1967, that is a 113.29903 made by emerson.  I have two table extensions (wings) on it, one cast aluminum that came with it and a cast iron one from another earlier vintage saw.  I ran it for 10 years with the one aluminum wing, but adding the second has really opened up the possibilities.   Anyone have a source for these wings aside form Ebay?  I would love to get 2 of the aluminum ones.

As a back up I do have the cast iron deck from the other saw.  anyone ever bolted another table top up to make a wider surface.  The wings are held on by 4,  1/2 inch bolts.  Do you think that those 4 will support a second table top hanging off the side or will i need to support it?

Reason I am looking for more width is that I recently made a piece for the house that was 30 x 16 and I had to shuffle the two wings to the right side and then I just barely could fit the fence at 30 inches. A dedicated cabinet saw is not an option as I share the garage space with two cars in winter and one in summer.  

Jeff in KC

I would cry if I did that and the casting cracked.  Supporting it could be as easy as a "C" made from 2x with the opening pointing down.

I have a saw with an aluminum deck and that's the only part about it I don;t like.  Using Cast Iron would allow you to use any magnetic fixtures out there.